Monday, October 17, 2005

The Last....


Today was our last soccer practice. Tomorrow is our last game. 12 of my 18 players actually showed up for practice today. Now i know this is middle school co-ed 7th and8th grade players, but really, i think I have a right to be mad about it. It was a fun practice, too, or at least it was intended to be. Grrr... I didn't want to end the season this way, but I don't feel like players who skip practice should be able to play.

So I joined the Handbell choir at church. Now I am not all that musically talented really. I can read treble clef, can strum chords on a guitar or plink out a one-hand piano wonder, but really, I am not that musically talented. However, I find myself so bored during this hour of the week. I guess I just pick things up faster than other people do, cuz I feel like I spent 3/4 of the hour waiting for others to figure things out. For this I should be thankful, but I'm so gosh darn impatient.

The quote for the day came from Jeff at soccer practice today. We were playing World Cup, where you and a partner represent a country and try to score a goal. The boys were getting mad at the girls for cherry picking near the goal. They started the "CPU" (cherry pickers united) and kept razzing the girls about it all. Well, the ball lands at Jeff's feet, and as he is talking smack to the girls, shoots the ball, however, instead of yelling the name of his country, he shouts "CHERRY PICKING!" I'm not sure which was funnier; the comment or the way Jeff immediately fell to the ground laughing at himself and his own silly slip up. Ah, good times.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

funny.
although I am sure it would be funnier if I knew what "Cherry picking" was.
is it bad that I have no idea..

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home