Saturday, May 19, 2007

Big days

So i've maybe had a couple of big days in the past few. I accepted a job to eat 7th grade homeroom and middle school math and language arts in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. So the big news here is that:
a) I'm going back to teaching
b) I'm going to have health insurance again in 2 months
c) I no longer have to live with my parents!!!!
I'm really excited. God is good; when I think about the "perfect" job, I usually think location. But this call to Sioux Falls plays exactly into my gifts and strengths as a person and educator; middle school, math, coaching, opportunity to play on a praise/worship team. I couldn't have laid out a better job for myself. I regret that along the way I worried and at times didn't believe that God was going to get me out of the situation I was in. But wow, God is faithful.

So I currently work part time. But I think that part-time is a relative term. I am working 6 straight days, 8 hours per day. Does that sound like part-time to anyone else????? I hope not, cuz this kinda bites. But I do need the money I guess.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark, Allison, Eliya, Gabriel, Rachel & Micaiah said...

Yay! Welcome to SD! We're excited to have someone (relatively) close again. We venture there often :0)

9:28 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Uh, I would recommend not eating your students. I mean I understand they can get annoying at times but I believe that eating them would be a great way to end not only your job but probably your life outside of the state penn.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

I sent in an application today to Brandon-Valley for a teacher aide and cheer positions.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Congrats!!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home