Saturday, October 22, 2005

Conference, conference, conference

Thursday and Friday were spent in Mankato at the District Teacher's Conference. I can summarize the event with the words, "Its a small world." I ran into so many people I had some known in the past, or had some sort of expereince with in the past. It was amazing all the connections I had with people there, be it from camp, coaching, student teaching, Concordia, or growing up at Zion. I found this a very fun time, simply because when I attended the district convention while teaching in Indiana, I knew 2 people outside of the staff I was working on.

Friday afternoon I spent shopping in Mankato before dinner and a movie with my sister. I had to say I LOVE the town of Mankato!!!! They have everything a person could ever want: Shopko, Chipotle, Coldstone, and best of all, Hobby Lobby. I had a most enjoyable afternoon, then saw Elizabethtown. Interesting. "Its a great map."

Quote this time goes to Wayne, who when with the staff we are discussing who is driving to the conference, Wayne (who rarely pipes up) pipes up and says, "Let's take the bus!"
(now this story is funny if you realize that there are only 7 people on staff and the bus seats 72).

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

but come on...buses are AWESOME

2:24 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

I thought that was a funny Wayne comment, I laughed.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home