Saturday, June 02, 2007

3,2,1,FLY!!!!

I flew on Thursday! Brant and I got strapped, harnessed, and hooked up to a whole bunch of cables, lifted up hundreds and hundreds of feet, and dropped from the ripcord on Thursday at Valleyfair. It was awesome! This is normally never something I would have spent the money to do, but when a former student of mine (who used to have anxiety attacks on the morning of a volleyball practice) asked me to go with her, no amount of money in the world was going to stop me from helping her conquer a fear. Turned out in the end that she went with another girl from her class and brant and I swapped to go together. But to watch those two girls have the guts to do that was purely AMAZING - especially knowing how far they have come in the past three years. Brant and I just stood on that sidewalk and beamed with pride. And of course Jenny's laugh/scream/cry mix of noises was absolutely hilarious!


I went to see my new school last Tuesday. It was, in short, awesome. I get to teach in a small building called the "Eagles Nest" and my students will switch classes on a bell system like a real school! And the best part was that instead of my teaching middle school math and lang. arts, I get to teach middle school math and social studies. I love social studies/geography/history so I am so happy about that. There is a nice mix of young and old teachers, married and single teachers, and the school is growing - yes growing!

Payton is now 13 pounds and so big! She almost completely folded her hands (not on purpose obviously) when I was holding her. Yes, its cliche', but they really do change so fast!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

I am so excited for you...

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home