Friday, October 12, 2007

Ridiculous Dilemna!

Its been a long time since I've posted, but this one is blog worthy I think. So last night I am headed for bed. I go to turn off my kitchen light (which by the way provides 70% of the light to my kitchen/dining/living room area. Then I think, "shoot, I was going to get a glass of milk." So I attempt to turn the light on when lo and behold - light burns out. No biggie, right? So I go to the closet, get the extra bulbs, and grab a chair to boost up on. Well, when the evil people in the lighting business created my kitchen light, someone must have really pissed them off that day. This fixture is so absolutely ridiculous! A) I can't figure out how to even get the thing off. B) If the case is that the fixture is just stuck, I should for sure have broken the glass by now - but all still in tack. I SO don't want to call my landlord and be all girly about it. Therefore, I shall spend the next however many weeks until a boy of some sort comes to visit me to have them change my lightbulb. Until then, mood lighting made from the faint hallway light that creeps into the kitchen and the light above my stove.

I can't change my own lightbulb. This must be a new all-time low. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark, Allison, Eliya, Gabriel, Rachel & Micaiah said...

hee-hee, your blog made me laugh, but I'm glad to see that you are not dead! Next time we're in the Sioux Falls area we'll stop by to check out the mood lighting (just don't expect us to fix it, you're way more mechanically inclined then either Mark or me!) ;0) Maybe Elie can fix it...

8:33 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Don't think of it as not being able to change a light bulb, think of it as saving on your electric bill! : )

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home