Saturday, August 11, 2007

Family Week

WOW! Vacation was awesome. I got to spend a
week at my favorite place on earth (LIC). I got
to be a camper for the first time in 11 years
during family week. I got to spend the weekend
with my relatives. I got to see a bunch of my camp friends from years past. I got to babysit
Payton twice and see her everyday for seven straight days. But I think most of all, God led me to a place of healing in my mind and my heart for all the things that happened in the past year. I guess as usual, we just needed some time in the middle of a lake with a fishing pole in the water for Dad and I to realize that we've both grown up and also grown apart in our opinions and beliefs. I cannot change him and he will not change me. But the smile on my face in that picture is genuine. No matter how angry, upset, hurt, or abnormal you believe your family is, at the end of the day, they are your family, and no matter how dysfunctional they may be, we are blessed to have whatever family we have. That's what Family Week at Lutheran Island Camp taught me this week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave, Miriam, Josiah, Aria, and Thaddeus said...

What a beautiful family picture!! We're glad we were able to spend time with you at camp. We'll see you again this week sometime!

10:39 AM  
Blogger laura said...

wow!!! i'm not sure much of my family would come out alive if we went camping together! ;) anyway, what a great resolution for your heart!!

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home