Monday, July 30, 2007

Those Eye-Opening Moments

There are times in this life when I feel like God has whacked me in the face with a "DUH" stick or something. Thing is: it doesn't usually hurt - it actually feels good most of the time. I find myself being close-minded too often. I know what I believe and what I feel is the line between right/wrong, however, I think that I don't display the Christian example like I should when people near me cross over that "line". I've always been a big believer in "stand up for your beliefs even when you are standing alone", but I'm that that isn't the best way to witness most times. As sinners, we are tempted to feel like our sins pale in comparison to others' sins, but in God's eyes that is not the case. As Christians, we know that we should forgive the sins of others because Christ first forgave ours. So it becomes an issue of "how" we go about forgiving. I was able to forgive a great friend recently for something that she did wrong (wrong in my eyes). But I KNOW I was also forgiven for my rage-filled actions in the way I confronted her sin and chose to hold a grudge about it. What I thought was such a terrible thing she did, she truly showed love, forgave my ridiculous actions spurred on by my own sin of anger, disappointment, and jealousy, and brought us both to a place where our friendship has been strengthened so much that I know it will last a lifetime. And in the process, she saw my side of the issue and I learned to become more accepting of other people and their faults, just like they try to do with me.

My small piece of advice is that if there is a relationship in your life that needs restoring - RESTORE IT NOW! I promise its so worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home