Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A bit of a flesh wound

So my latest project has been building a patio at my parent's house. It has proven to be a much bigger job than I had anticipated, what with placing 250 or so cement blocks into straight and level rows tightly together. Well, my dad went to town last week to get the last bunch of blocks I would need and when he got home, he commented on how he felt bad for our one-ton truck, which was hauling all these blocks. Turns out that each blocks weighs 42 pounds and there were 185 of them on the truck. I thought, "Wow, they don't feel that heavy."

WELL...............................

Last night I was trying to finish up a row and I had a block standing next to where I was leveling some dirt. Apparently the block wasn't quite level because all of a sudden the block went crashing into my leg. For the first time, I acknowledged that yes, the blocks do in fact wiegh 42 pounds each, and my leg now has an ugly flesh wound to prove it. Boo.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

yuck. I hate flesh wounds...

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home