Saturday, November 19, 2005

Disappointment and Hurt

When someone comes into town to visit, most people do a few standard things; clean their place up so its "suitable for company", fill their fridge so that company is well-fed, and get all happy because someone is coming into town to see them.

However, when that friend comes to town and chooses not to even stay with you...ouch. Doesn't come to events in her life that you've invited her to....ouch. Doesn't call to say she won't make it to see you at all for a day....ouch. Doesn't call the next morning to plan something with you...ouch. Do you get the feeling that this friend did not come into town to see you??? Yeah, me too.

The worst part for me is that this friend knows my fear of rejection probably better than anyone else, and she went ahead and rejected me in her own way anyway. Talk about the sick feeling in your stomach. I have a deep pain going on right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Brenda
that sucks...
it's the stupid boy.

i love you, I'm gonna screw up alot too but I'm trying. You are amazing, trust worthy, hilarious, and full of fire...a totally fantastic gal. Hey I want to spend time with you...

...wanna do gilmore girls tomorrow?

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home