Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thankfulness

I love this holiday ~ my principal in Indiana expressed her love about Thanksgiving to me once. Its like Christmas to her because this holiday hasn't been nearly as commercialized as Christmas. But most of all, I love Thanksgiving because it forces people to look at their blessings, we none of us do often enough.

So here is my list of things I am thankful for:

My dad - who I admire more than anyone in the world because he's AWESOME!
My mom - who listens to me whatever the case
My sister - who does her best to make me pretty even though that's hard :)
My brother-in-law - who somehow makes my sister incredibly happy
Camp people - crazy happy folks
Friends and Relatives - who actually enjoy being around me
Mountain Dew and Dr. Pepper - total pick me ups
Running Shoes - they race me back to sanity
John Deere stuff and One Tree Hill - and other harmless obsessions
My cell phone - connections to the outside world
The farm - peace and serenity
My car - cracked windshield and overdue oil change and all!
Lacey - who although thinks I helped her last year, probably has NO IDEA what she did for me
And by far the most important:
Faith - and the saving grace of Jesus Christ - the only reason for getting up each morning

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

You're great. Brenda I love that you take the time to appreciate life and the people in it. I am very thankful for you.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Bremda up make me cry I miss you so much. But only 2 weeks till I come home again!

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home